WHAT IS HOLDING DIFFICULT CONVERSATIONS?
A training workshop that builds confidence and expertise around how vulnerability can lead to violent extremism. This training can be tailored for any workplace where recognising vulnerability and understanding good practice in holding relevant conversations are valuable additions to the professional tool-kit.
Holding Difficult Conversations is for anyone…
- seeking to raise awareness and understanding about how vulnerability can lead to violent extremism and to consider how this can fit into good safeguarding practice
- who wants to build confidence and experience in managing uncomfortable issues as they arise
- who wants to develop and practice skills in holding difficult conversations about extremism and conflict and embed this in organisational practice.
The programme covers these key points:
- Awareness of how vulnerability can lead to radicalisation and what we can do.
- Understanding the triggers to extreme attitudes and behaviour and our responses to them.
- Managing unexpected conversations and behaviour.
- Opening a dialogue that challenges prejudice constructively without shutting discussion down and promotes alternative ways of thinking.
- Planning for future dialogue – embedding dialogue into practice.
Our approach to learning involves highly interactive group work and skills practice.
Participants also get to learn from each other and network with colleagues they might not otherwise meet.
Find out more about the training or to enquire about commissioning opportunities please contact us at email@example.com and a member of the team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.