A therapeutic ten-week programme for young people aged 10 to 14 years who live in East Lancashire and who areat risk of getting caught up in crime & violence.
What is Pause 4 Thought?
The Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation is delivering this programme, which has been commissioned by the Pennine Lancashire Community Safety Partnership (CSP).
The work is being managed on behalf of the CSP by Blackburn with Darwen Council, and is funded by the Youth Endowment Fund.
It is running in Blackburn with Darwen and in Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle, and Rossendale, where it is being delivered by facilitators and support workers from the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation.
How does it work?
- Option one: Face to face courses: two-hour sessions, each week for ten weeks
- Option two: Online courses: one-hour sessions, delivered by MS Teams, each week for twelve weeks
- All sessions delivered in school time, offsite at an approved community venue
- Activities and discussions underpinned by CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) and trauma informed approaches
- Supports young people by helping prevent anti-social and criminal behaviour
- Encourages reflection, impulse control, self-awareness and the confidence to make positive choices
If you are a family member, teacher, youth worker, social worker, or other professional person and you know a young person who could benefit from this course, talk to them and family members / carers about it, and refer them to Pause 4 Thought.
Please click here for a leaflet for young people and here for the leaflet for teachers, social workers, and youth workers about the course (this can also be shared with young people)
The Pause 4 Thought team will then be in touch with you to as part of our assessment work, to check that the Pause 4 Thought programme is right for the young person at this time. As part of that assessment, we will use this questionnaire, and so you may like to look at this beforehand. All information is managed confidentially, in line with agreed protocols.
Contact us to find out more
If you would like to find out more about the programme, please email us email@example.com or call our office on 01925 581231. Please mention ‘Pause 4 Thought’.
The Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation was set up by the parents of the boys who were tragically killed in the IRA bombing of Warrington in 1993.