The Radicalisation Awareness Network (RAN) is announcing an open call for participation in the 2020 RAN YOUNG Platform. It is an invitation to the next generation of influential leaders, thinkers and doers in the field of prevention and countering of violent extremism (P/CVE).
RAN is forming a platform of 50 young actors working in the area of P/CVE or related activities and who are (the future) changemakers, community leaders, and credible voices of young people.
Through the platform, these 50 young actors will be empowered to play a role in the prevention and response to violent extremism. RAN will give young people a voice in P/CVE and the opportunity to insert the perspective of young people to our network of first-line practitioners.
The RAN YOUNG Platform’s objective will be three-fold:
- Offer the opportunity to young actors from around Europe to meet and exchange on P/CVE and related issues.
- Create a safe space to share views and formulate recommendations both for first-line practitioners and policymakers.
- Empower young people to proactively take action in their own communities or within their specific professions.
A prerequisite for participation in the RAN YOUNG meetings after summer 2020 will be participation in an online webinar about radicalisation and prevention work. This webinar will take place 23 June. The aim of this webinar will be to ensure an equal starting point for the young actors. It will be organised in partnership with the Youth Civil Activism Network (YouthCAN), which is designed to upscale and optimise grassroots efforts to combat violent extremism of all forms.
- Share your expertise
- Contribute to the RAN network and practices
- Drive change by being part of the P/CVE conversation
- Make your voice heard and influence decisions on the issues
- Provide informed and actionable input to the European Commission
- Create learning experiences that connect and inspire
- Build relationships with other practitioners and maximise networking opportunities
- Engage in professional development
RAN is seeking top-level candidates who meet the following profile:
- Between the ages of 18 and 25
- Resident of an EU Member State
- Good level of English
- Experienced in the field of P/CVE with specific activities. For example:
- Volunteer work with vulnerable individuals with a radicalisation dimension;
- Experience with P/CVE (online) campaigning; – Active participation in (local) P/CVE or resilience-building activities at the municipality level or in the mosque or the community;
- Involvement in local/national/international organisations dealing with societal issues in relation to radicalisation.
In addition, the following are considered valuable:
- Studies in education and youth work, but also academic studies in criminology and security, or social studies (psychology, sociology, anthropology) with a focus on P/CVE
- Work experience as a first-line practitioner (teachers, youth workers, communication experts, young people working in local authorities social/safety teams)
Deadline for submission: 27 May 2020.
- Continue to Application (102 Kb)
- Call to register interest to participate in RAN YOUNG (722 Kb)