Are you a woman living in Sheffield or Leeds? Are you interested in joining our Women for Peace projects starting January 2018?
What will you gain?
- A FREE course
- A new group of female friends
- Level 2 Open Awards Accreditation
- Enhanced skills in conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Increased understanding to respond to local issues and participate in social action
- Strengthened capacity to be an active peacebuilder
We are looking for:
- Women of any race, religion, ethnicity or age
- Leeds or Sheffield based
- Keen to improve peacebuilding and leadership skills
- Want to make positive changes at home and in the local community
The course will cover the following topics:
- Critical thinking skills
- Self-awareness and identity
- Conflict resolution skills
- Understanding extremism
- Confidence and ability to share opinions and experiences
Women for Peace will consist of 10 sessions in either Leeds or Sheffield, once a week for 3 hours. A meal will be provided at each session, and a crèche if required.
About our work
The Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation was founded by the parents of 12-year-old Tim Parry and supported by the parents of 3-year-old Johnathan Ball. Both Tim and Johnathan were tragically killed as a direct result of the IRA’s 1993 bombing of Warrington. The Foundation works nationally and internationally for peace and nonviolent conflict resolution.
To find out more, and to ask any questions please reach out to Hannah Larn at the Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Peace Foundation.
Telephone: 07572 975949
Please support our work – Donate Now